Are you looking for some alternatives to the 'Boil-in-the-bag meals'?
- Beef Jerky
- English Muffins/Bagels
- Dry Cereal
- Cheese (low moisture/hard)
- Fruit, dried (e.g. raisins, apricot, etc.)
- Nuts (e.g. peanuts, almonds, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Potato Chips
- Ramon Noodles
- Candy Bars
- Dried Vegetables (e.g. mushrooms, onions, peas, beans, carrots, etc.)
- Smoked Meats
- Trail Mix
- Tinned meats (e.g. tuna, ham, chicken, turkey, etc.)
- Dried meats (e.g. salami, peperoni, etc.)
- Protein Bars
- Dehydrated Cream/Milk
- Instant Soup
- Allow you to make healthier backpacking food, that doesn't require refrigeration.
- Vacuum Sealer
- Allows you to store the dehydrated food for a longer time.
- Campfire Broiler Basket
- Great for cooking foods over the campfire. You can make roasted vegetables, hamburgers, toast, bacon, etc.
- If you need to bring seasoning with you, save the condiments (e.g. salt, pepper, sweeteners, hot sauce, jam, etc.) when eating out.