Everyone should know 911 which is emergency services, many people may still remember 411 which is directory services. Personally I almost forgot about 411, I think its been more then a decade since I last used it.
These numbers are known as N11 (such as "N"-one-one), Wikipedia
describes them as, "a special abbreviated dialing telephone number within the North American Numbering Plan, which allows access to special services."
Below is a list of available N11 numbers. It is important to note, that some of these numbers and services may only be available in certain locations.
- 211 - Community Services
- Provides information about available health and human Services .
- 311 - Government and Non-Emergency Information
- Access non-emergency government services and information.
- 411 - Directory Assistance (charges may apply)
- Provides help finding a number for a person or business.
- 511 - Traffic & Weather
- Offers information about local road, traffic (and weather) conditions.
- 611 - Customer Support
- Connects you to your carrier or phone company customer service and repair
- 711 - TDD Relay Service
- 811 - Underground Public Utility Location
- Offers information to help locate underground cables before they get cut.
- 911 - Emergency Services (i.e. medical, police, or fire)
- Provides local emergency response service